Business Computing and Information Systems
Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) Level 6
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems, delivered online by Prime Higher Education and validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire, has been designed to prepare you for employment in the IT sector. The qualification equips you with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise that will prepare you for a career in senior management IT roles. The qualification units are designed to provide you with the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
The final year online top-up qualification is a natural progression from either of the International Advanced Diplomas; the Level 5 Diploma in Computing or Level 5 Diploma in Business IT, currently offered by Prime Higher Education as part of the International Degree Journey.
Business Computing and Information Systems Level 5
Unit's Equivalency for the Business Computing and Information Systems Level 6
If you are a potential student whose first language is not English and do not hold
The qualification is made up of four 20-credit units, each of which requires an average of 200 hours of study and a project unit which accounts for 40 credits and requires approximately 400 hours of study.
Units comprise of weekly video lectures, tutorial exercises, a discussion forum and live chat sessions with subject experts. You will have the opportunity to interact with other students from around the world and with subject experts through discussion forums.
When taken full-time, the qualification is delivered in two 15-week semesters (12 teaching weeks). Two units are studied in each semester, with the project being studied over two semesters.
Part-time students study one or two units per semester over four semesters, with the project being studied over four semesters.
- Advanced Database Management Systems – builds upon your general understanding of database systems, ensuring that you develop significant knowledge of the major topics (both theoretical and practical) relating to the development and management of modern database systems. The unit introduces current database research topics, thereby increasing your understanding of future trends and the latest developments in the field.
- Corporate Communication Systems Management – enables you to understand the management of telecommunications and computer networks for corporate systems and the underlying technologies, including network management, communications media and services, global availability and reliability, eCommerce and internet services.
- eBusiness – is concerned with the use of the Internet to conduct business electronically. The commercial application of the Internet has grown rapidly in recent years and the technological and business environment remains dynamic. This unit adopts a critical, strategic approach to business and to the use of the Internet.
- Managing Information Systems Projects – explores the theoretical underpinning of different approaches to project management, examines a range of techniques for tackling the problems of project management and develops a rigorous attitude to quality in software development.
- Information Systems Project – aims to provide the opportunity for
in-depthindividual study of a specialised area of computing and information systems; to develop your ability to tackle a selected problem of significant scale and complexity and to develop the ability to present ideas in written reports.
Assessment for each 20-credit unit
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems will be awarded when you have successfully passed all units. The degree will be classified into one of the following honours categories:
- Upper Second
- Lower Second
A unit is passed when an overall unit mark of 40% or more is attained. If you need to
The BSc (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems is a final year top-up qualification validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire. The first and second year of the degree journey are awarded by Prime Higher Education.